Saturday, August 20, 2005

Life goes on; death too

The Bush administration "cooked" the intelligence to justify invading Iraq. "Faulty" intelligence didn't take us there, lies did. The cost has been tens of thousands of lives, the numbers growing daily.

Now this president is on a five-week vacation at his ranch. He has time for Republican fundraising parties adn to "go on with my life," as he puts it, but no time to speak with Cindy Sheehan, mother of a dead soldier.

A quote in the Waco Tribune-Herald sums up reality in Bush world: "I think the people want the president to be in a position to make good, crisp decisions and to stay healthy," he said when asked about bike riding while a grieving mom wanted to speak with him. "And part of my being is to be outside exercising....so I'm mindful of what goes on around me," Bush added. "On the other hand, I'm also mindful that I've got a life to live and will do so."

Well, live your life, George, while others are losing theirs. No regrets, no empathy, no honesty, no responsibility. Would your exercise regime be an overriding concern if your daughters were fighting in Iraq?
Linda McHenry
Spokane,Wa
The Spokesman Review

1 Comments:

At 5:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home