Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Editorial confirms the facts

I want to thank you for your editorial presenting the facts about the judicial nominee situation currently occupying the floor in our Senate. (Judicial posturing not just principle," May 20). I thought you presented the information in a very clear, straightforward, unbiased manner.

I have watched much commentary about this judicial "up and down" vote on C-Span and am quite worried that the rights of the minority in the Senate are going to be squelched. The filibuster has served the Republicans and Democrats well, and I am opposed to eliminating it for the approval of judicial nominees.

I don't think President Bush or any president should have carte blanche to push his nominee for these lifetime appointments through the Senate. I applaud your willingness to present the facts.
June McBride
Hauser, ID
The Spokesman Review

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home